conversion for Skyrim
Whoever battles monsters should take care not to become a monster. If you stare long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss stares back into you.
Balzu is a total conversion for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Balzu has it's own geography, races, cultures, history and lore.
The emphasis in Balzu is on atmosphere and narrative. Dense fog hanging over stagnant marshes, wind and rain lashing creaking pines, a gibbous moon rolling ponderously through the night sky, these are the sights and sounds you can expect to experience in the world of Balzu.
In Balzu, you may notice that the peasants are hesitant to speak and cast fearful glances over their shoulders. Kings and princes surround themselves with heavily armed guards and sleep with one eye open. In the flickering shadows of abandoned keeps and crypts, cultists exchange secret messages in forgotten tongues while nameless horrors shamble through the dark. At night, the dead rise from their graves and roam freely across the fields and moors. Travelling nomads in brightly-colored wagons bring exotic goods from distant lands and old crones offer to peer into your future...for a price.
These are proposed features. Time, resources and editor limitations will determine the final product.
- hand-crafted environments comparable to Skyrim in quality, but with a darker, moodier tone
- less hand-holding, more exploration and investigation and better journal entries
- more realistic NPCs with expanded dialogue and more information for the player, including realistic directions to locations
- NPCs will have more realistic opinions of the player, making for more convincing interactions
- expanded dialogue options will allow for more ways for the player to manipulate NPCs, for example, by taunting or intimidating them
- emphasis on supernatural horror, and, if possible, custom creature types (custom creatures may not be achievable)
- sanity system utilizing screen effects, hallucinations, and other oddness for added horror
- new spells and magic-related game mechanics
- custom tilesets, clothing, weapons, and armor
- overhauled character generation with expanded options for customizing your appearance and providing alternate backstories, birth signs, advantages, and weaknesses
truant - team lead, writing, quest design, character design, landscape, interiors
- composer (music, sound design)
- 3d artist (modeling, texturing)
- 2d artist (concept art, user interface)
Not Currently Recruiting
- voice actors
- landscape artists
- interior decorators
- nihilschiz for the Faith Collapsing font
- the original I6 Ravenloft module for AD&D; this module had far too huge an impact on my imagination as a child
- Bram Stoker's Dracula. Still the best vampire novel of all time.
- Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.
- Grimms' fairy tales
- Heironymous Bosch
- Silent Hill
©2012 Dave Finch